Are you looking for a boot stomping good time on your honeymoon?
You can imagine yourself sipping whiskey and listening to country music’s finest in the clubs of Nashville.
Whether you are planning on eating at the newest chef driven restaurants or rolling up your sleeves at a hole in the wall barbecue restaurant, Nashville has what you need.
The city also has fantastic outdoor hiking, great art, and eclectic shops. Packed with fun and looking for a party, a cheap Nashville honeymoon won’t disappoint.
You’ve checked the prices on Ticketmaster. Nashville may have a lot of starving country singers looking for a big break. But, all of your favorites aren’t cheap. Neither are hotels for that matter, unless you want to stay closer to Vanderbilt. Maybe a Vanderbilt would pay $400 a night for a prime downtown location. But, you aren’t a Vanderbilt.
Could you take a great honeymoon to Nashville for cheap? Of course you can! This is the honeymoon hacker we are talking about. This is a layup. No problem.
Fun Domestic Honeymoon…check
I’ll show you how to get there for nearly free and stay at fantastic hotels for free. The rest is up to you. At the bottom you’ll find some great links for ideas on what to do during your honeymoon in Nashville.
Hacking this Nashville Honeymoon
Nashville is a destination for a country music lovers honeymoon. I’ll show you how to put this trip together for almost free.
You and your future spouse will need to open a new credit cards and earn the signup bonuses. You will use reward points from those signup bonuses to pay for your flight and hotel on your honeymoon.
Warning… only use these new cards for your regular spending and wedding expenses. Overspending to save money is not wise.
You can take a fantastic honeymoon to the heart of country music for much less than you think.
Retail 8 Day Paris Flight and Hotel: $3,500
Honeymoon Hacker Price: $300
Nashville Itinerary Overview
Two Roundtrip Flights from the United States to Nashville (BNA)
7 Hotel nights at Grand Hyatt Nashville and Hotel Indigo Nashville
Where will we stay in Nashville?
Hotel Indigo Nashville
The Hotel Indigo Nashville has a fantastic location near the center of Nashville. The hotel has stylish modern rooms.
The location in the center of Nashville is exceptional. You are walking distance fantastic music and food. The Hotel Indigo Nashville is perfect for a romantic honeymoon and somewhere to rest your feet after breaking in those new cowboy boots.
This plan has you staying 4 nights at the Hotel Indigo Nashville. The hotel upper level IHG property for 36,250 points per night.
The stay requires 108,750 IHG points. When booking rooms with points while holding the IHG Premier Rewards credit card, you receive the 4th night free. 4 nights for the price of 3. #winning #blessed #hotelmotelholidayinn. You will earn the points for your stay through the welcome bonus from one IHG Premier Rewards credit card.
The Grand Hyatt – Nashville
You don’t rich paying for things you can have for free. You’ll stay three nights at the Grand Hyatt – Nashville on your cheap Nashville honeymoon.
The new flagship property for Hyatt in Nashville is slated to open in October of 2020. Right now, the hotel is a category 6 property for 20,000 points per night. My money is betting it won’t stay that way and will likely increase in category level in future years.
The plan is to stay at the Grand Hyatt – Nashville for three nights. This will require 60,000 Hyatt points. You will earn the points for this stay from the welcome bonus of the World of Hyatt credit card and transferring a few thousand points from the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
The hotel itself looks fantastic. It will have a pool deck overlooking the city and exquisite rooms. Just take a look at the architect renderings and tell me you don’t want to stay here.
Cheap Nashville Honeymoon Hack Credit Card Strategy
3 Credit Cards
- 1x World of Hyatt Credit Cards
- 1x Chase Sapphire Preferred
- 1x IHG Premier
World of Hyatt Credit Card
- Earn 50,000 World of Hyatt Points after making $6,000 in purchases within the first 6 months
- $95 annual fee is not waived the first 12 months
- The 50,000 miles plus the 6,000 miles you earn for the $6,000 in spending = 56,000 points
Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card
- Earn 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points after making $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- $95 annual fee is not waived the first 12 months
- The 60,000 points plus the 4,000 points you earn for the $4,000 in spending = 64,000 Ultimate Rewards Points
Hyatt, IHG, and Southwest Airlines are transfer partners of Chase Ultimate Rewards. Transfers from 1:1, 1 and transfers are available almost instantly.
IHG Premier Rewards Credit Card
- Earn 120,000 IHG Points after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months
- $89 annual fee is not waived the first 12 months
- The 120,000 points plus the 3,000 points you earn for the $3,000 in spending = 123,000 IHG Points for your hotel point redemption.
Hacking the Flights
Nashville airport (BNA) is well served by North American airlines.
Nashville is a focus city of Southwest Airlines. Southwest offers direct service to Nashville from points across the country. That makes Southwest an ideal choice for this cheap Nashville Honeymoon Hack. Redeeming points on Southwest is easy. There are no award charts or restrictions. If the fare is available for purchase, it is available to use points on. Easy.
Here are the steps needed to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Southwest.
- Open a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Account
- Link the account to your Chase Ultimate Rewards Account
- Search your city pair and find dates for your honeymoon
- Make sure the points required are less than 55,000 for the two tickets. Nearly any “Wanna Get Away” fares will likely be under this amount. My test booking came up with an incredible $335 total for two tickets from Minneapolis and less than 22,000 points for direct flights with reasonable departure times.
- Transfer the amount of points needed from your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards account. Wait a few minutes.
- View the points in your Southwest Airlines account
- Book your airfare for $22.40 for two tickets.
- Celebrate with some Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey because Nashville here you come (optional, but recommended).
The process to transfer Ultimate rewards points to Hyatt and IHG (if needed) is remarkably similar. Follow as needed for those programs as well.
The Honeymoon hack test booking would require a transfer of 4,000 Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt. Book all of your travel rewards and then wipe the dust off those boots and get ready, because you are going to Nashville.
Below is the sample itinerary and the points necessary to book this cheap Nashville honeymoon.
Person 2: IHG Premier Credit Card ($89)
Are you interested in something a bit more beachy? Check out our guide to Cabo San Lucas HERE.
Are you looking for fun activities to do while in Nashville?
Here are a few or Reese Witherspoon’s favorites